Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Goat Meat & Kolkata

So we had goat for lunch today... I am still not sure how I feel about it. Okay, I take that back-I am sure how I feel about it; I don't like goat meat. I guess I can say that I tried my best to chew and swallow but there are some things I just can't get over.

Bought my plane ticket to Kolkata today; I am pretty stoked about seeing another portion of India. We are going to visit the PR home there for a few days to see what is going on there. We will be staying in the guest house with the other interns; it should be a good time! With that, I am hoping that we will go on a Jungle Safari next week... my partner is still deciding whether or not she wants to go :( But if we do, we will be able to see tigers, ride an elephant, stay in a nice resort, and see all kinds of other exotic animals! I really hope she decides to go... this is a chance of a lifetime!

I am pretty excited because we are starting a girls devo session in the morning and I am leading it tomorrow; I am talking about soul ties and using an analogy about how our life is a climb up a mountain. We all start with an empty backpack and along the way, we fill it with items that we think we might need in the future-rocks, pretty flowers, lizards, etc. There are also fellow climbers that sneak items in our bags without our notice. Eventually, years down the road, our pack is very heavy, causing us to climb at a slow pace; however, we gradually accumulated the weight so we didn't really realize how heavy our load was. After expounding upon this analogy, I will have then write about what is in the bags from their past that they don't need, that is weighing down their spiritual jouney. I have a few scriptures as well about living in freedom, God helping us when we are weak and renewing ourselves so that we can be complete in His sight. Pray that it goes well and that the translation makes sense for how I want it to come across.

That is all for now... P.S. one of the girls is showing me how to crochet a purse! I am having so much fun! :D

NIght

No comments: