Here are a few things that I have been chewing on since I have been home from India...
1) Wide Awake; By: Erwin McManus
"Years ago I was inspired to write a series of entries from a fable I called Perils of Ayden. In one sequence, young Ayden was asking his mentor, Maven, if he was ready for the challenges he would face on his impending journey. He asked with great fear and apprehension, 'Have I learned everything I need to know?' Maven, with great calm that came from his unshakable confidence in his student, simply replied, 'You know everything you need to learn.'"
~~Wow! When I read this quite simple nugget, I was simply impressed. I know so many times I worry about whether or not I know enough to succeed or to fulfill what I feel God daily calls me to do. However, I feel as if this is the completely wrong perspective-maybe we are supposed to not worry whether we know enough, but know what we need to learn. I believe there can be a fine line between these concepts but the latter is so vital. Our journey with God, as I have learned, is about the journey, about learning all that we can, about being aware of what we need to learn. Self-awareness is so vital in our walk with Christ and without it, we are unable to see ourselves, to see how truly lowly we are, how much we know we need to learn. May I daily be reminded all that I need to learn and may I never stop learning those things...
"When you have less faith... We become dogmatic as a result of fear, not faith. Faith keeps [us] flexible and postured for change. Faith ignites courage, not conformity. Fear seeks to control; faith seeks to create."
~~Enough said.
"Faith is not the Christian version of a wish."
"Invest your life in people, and you will begin to build for yourself a relational net that catches you when you fall and picks you up when you're no longer strong enough to walk by yourself."
~~Does that preach? It sure was a good reminder for me. God created Eve so that Adam could have company, a way for His creation to be invested. Sometimes we forget how important our surrounding human beings are, how much value and worth they hold to God and to us too. Maybe you'll need that person that is 'hard to love' someday to save you life, just maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment