Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today is the day... that He has made!

Good afternoon :)
USA-12:56PM
INDIA- 10:26PM

Today, as I was packing my final items for my trip and preparing for my 17 hours in the air, I tried to savor my last moments in the US of A....

I took my last shower in the US today-I wonder if we'll have hot water, how often we will be able to shower, how many people in India do not have clean water?

I watched the season finale of the office-I am sure television is a luxury in India

Mr. Wonderful had coffee, donuts and a bagel waiting for me this morning when he picked my up-Will I forfeit my daily caffeine fix in India?

I slept like a baby last night with the air on 75 and my fan on medium-Will I be able to sleep without air?

.... All this to bring a reality to the true luxuries we have in the US; I take them for granted so often. Maybe that is what some of this whole trip is about-learning to live simple, love simplicity.

I look forward to the great things He is going to show me through this dynamic adventure across the world; I desire change, I thirst for my character to be built. I dream of lives being touch and changed for the Kingdom of Dad. I search for more of who Dad is, for what being human is about. I seek full dependency on Dad. I long to be willing--send me Dad, I will go.



P.S. A few of us from the team have come up with a code system for the words that we are unable to use:
God, Jesus - dad
Christians, fellow believers - family
Christianity - dad's belief, belief
Salvation, saved - found dad, eyes of light

That's all for now... I board my plane to Newark soon enough.

No comments: