I never thought I smelled nasty until I got to India--can we say sensory overload!?
So most Indians do not use deodorant so I am always smelling perma BO when we are out in public.
The streets are filthy and just smell of dust... I can't describe it any other way.
My sheets at the guesthouse we are staying at smell like an old ladies' house.
The food here smells like it will make your stomach upset, like you want to have diarrhea even before you eat it, although the food is pretty good for the most part.
As far as sounds go, you never go a moment without hearing a honking horn or a man yelling in Hindu that in trying to sell something, whether it be brooms or veggies.
Sights--I have seen too many little children begging for food and money. :( If only I could feed them all.
THEre is a baby lizard on the wall right now on Becca's wall in her apt. She acts like there is nothing wrong with it.
I am nervous about flying to nagpur tomorrow. Jodi and I are headed to the airport at 4AM on our own to take a 2 hour flight. We will be in a foreign country at a foreign airport very early in the morning... I pray we make it to our destination! hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment