Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Friendship and Tea gallore

So I am finding that Tea in India is a must when it comes to building community and relationships; we have tea at the Daniel's home probably about 4 times a day! When we are called for tea, we all sit around the kitchen table and share life together. The Indian culture is built around community, relationships and love for one another--they always make time for enjoying each others' company. For an American girl that is always on the run, I am learning to enjoy the still moments in life and the importance of building community within the family and outside the 4 walls of a church building. However, if I might add... If i drink one more cup of tea today, I might as well wash away! haha

Today, at the home, we made friendship bracelets for about 3 hours with the older girls; they loved it! They also insisted upon braiding my hair and painting my nails. they soon noticed that I wasn't wearing my earrings today. One of them went and found a pair and put them in my ears, explaining, "You wear earrings EVERY DAY, okay?" hahaha. Okay!

My allergies really have been bothering me today... I think it is the pollution in the air--the dust is thick here and the wind is strong! :/

No comments: