Sister L shared "3 Corporate Tips today with the kids at the home for Sunday school on saturday. :)
They included the following:
(Preface-bull shit is not a bad word in India)
1. People that shit on you are not necessarily your enemies.
2. When you're in deep shit you should keep your mouth shut.
2. People that pull you out of shit are not necessarily your friends.
hahaha. Jodi and I were dying laughing... here we have Sister L sharing with 60 kids and consistently using a word that in our culture, it a foster home of believers, would never be used! I am amused by the consistent differences in culture between America and India.
Every saturday, the kids' moms visit the home for an hour for "Mother's Day." If the moms are able to come, they do, however there is a significant number of children with mothers that are non-existent--literally. As they came into the home, I was flooded with emotion; most all of the moms are working in the trafficking industry still today. Some of them are plagued by AIDS, some are "too old" to sell themselves anymore, many of them have 2-4 kids living in the home. The fact that the home encourages mother/child bonding and relationships is incredible, I was greatly blessed to see the kids with their mom. At the same time, it was hard for me to imagine that the women would be leaving the home shortly to go back to "work." Wow... Unbelievable more times then not.
Funny story- Today, after prayer, I read the story of the prodigal son and Cheryl translated. At the end of the story, I asked the children what they had learned from the story. This little boy in the front row, probably 4 or 5, raised his hand and I called on him. "I learned TO STUDY!" he answered. hahaha. SO CUTE! Kids sure do say the darnedest things no matter what country they are from. ;)
About 10 of the girls were in the "girls" room with me today and asked me to tell them a story. They only one that came to my mind was God's testimony about my car accident. So I shared the story and then told them about how His grace is so much bigger than we can ever imagine-He holds us in His arms even when we can't imagine He is there. With that, I shared that we never know when our last day on earth has arrived, we are to live our lives without regrets. They were so captivated and open to what I has to say; they were extra grateful for me sharing my life story. I also told them a prayer request I had and they were sure to let me know that they would pray fervently for my request. I thank dad for his divine appointments.
I am missing home this weekend. My mom cut her finger off this past monday and is off work for a while, struggling through the pain and lack of mobility. My brother is graduating soon and I am missing his graduation and open house. :( Not to mention I miss my man. 3.5 weeks left in this country of India-may dad continue to give me strength and guidance, divine wisdom and understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment