I am getting used to my "new normal." Ever since my car accident senior year, I have had to find myself again. From the accident, I obtained a TBI (traumatic brain injury) on the right side of my brain, affecting my short-term memory, word finding, spelling, short-term memory, attentiveness/ability to concentrate, short-term memory, appetite, anxiety, stress management, and short-term memory. I know that it sounds like a lot; most people believe that I am excessive and dramatic when I describe the side effects from my head injury alone, let alone all of my other injuries. At any rate, my neuropyschologist explained to me last year that I would never be back to the Lauren I used to be. Of course, I believe that through God's healing power, if he can spare my life, he can heal my brain. Thus far (2 years out from my accident), I have no residual pain from any of my injuries (PTL!), except my brain injury. My short-term memory is something that still affects me every day. No matter how hard I try to remember the little things people tell me, I find myself asking the same questions 12 seconds later. I am hoping and praying that God's will would be done in my life, especially in this area, and that I would be able to see His hand at work. With that, I desire the strength to overcome the frustration I so easily have with myself.
...Maybe this IS my new normal...
I don't know exactly why I shared this tonight; please don't think I want your sympathy because if I did, you would already know about my whole saga, trust me. I guess I have just been really frustrated lately with the fact that I tell people stuff/stories over and over and over without even realizing it and I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening
Thank you for your continued prayers and support, especially those who have been with me from day one in ICU. I love you all.
As I always say, thank you for being you.
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment